January Meeting: In conversation with Claudia Araceli
Time & Location
About the Event
Claudia is a pleinair water colour painter, preferring to work outside from direct observation. Over the last few years she has won 34 awards, and has been selected as one of a small group of watercolourists to represent England in the World Watercolour Exhibition in Fabriano Italy for the last two years.
Claudia will be answering questions and sharing insights into many different aspects of her career:
· building and maintaining your reputation and a loyal client base whilst dealing with illness
· the role of competitions – and how to choose them
· artists’ residencies;
· pleinair painting festivals
· being included in publications v publishing yourself
· choosing a gallery v your own exhibitions
· running and hosting ‘artist’s hour’ and using social media as a dyslexic
· learning to live with chronic pain and fatigue, whilst travelling and doing the work you love.
It will be a really interesting conversation, wherever you are in your own career.
£8 Booking at the Wilson or online at https://www.cheltenhamtownhall.org.uk/event/living-from-art-303358/
If you are paying on the night please tell Anna on facebook or email@example.com so she can reserve a space for you.